Ouray Public Health has a limited number of free Monkeypox vaccines for Coloradans who meet the criteria below. Appointment will be made available based on our limited vaccine allotment from the federal government. Please call with any questions or to set up a vaccination appointment. 970-325-4670 extension 4.
CDPHE is also broadening the eligibility criteria for monkeypox vaccination. Updated expanded vaccination eligibility categories are:
· Anyone (any sexual orientation or gender identity) who has had close physical contact with someone who has monkeypox in the last 14 days.
· Anyone (any sexual orientation or gender identity) who:
o Has had multiple sexual partners in the last 14 days, or
o Has had sexual partners they did not previously know in the last 14 days, or
o Has had close physical contact with other people in a venue where anonymous or group sex may occur in the last 14 days, or
o Was diagnosed with gonorrhea or syphilis in the past three months, or
o Who already uses or is eligible for HIV PrEP (medication to prevent HIV, e.g. Truvada or Descovy or Apretude), or
o Who engages in commercial and/or transactional sex (e.g. sex in exchange for money, shelter, food, and other goods or needs).
- · Anyone (any sexual orientation or gender identity) identified by public health as a known high-risk contact of someone who has monkeypox.
We provide collaborative services with our surrounding counties where it best serves our populations, such as restaurants inspection and water quality evaluation. Programs that are made available to our residents are:
- Emergency Preparedness and Response Planning
- Immunization Program
- Retail Food Inspection Program
- Tobacco Prevention Education Program
- Women, Infants and Children Nutritional Services