- Public Health
Good news! Due to grant funding from Nourish Colorado, WIC families in Ouray or San Miguel County will receive $25 weekly food boxes from the Ridgway Farmers Market for the entire farmers market season! This is in addition to the monthly foods provided by WIC.
Additionally, the Colorado WIC Program has recently approved many new certified organic foods including: milk, cheese, peanut butter, beans, tofu, oatmeal, yogurt and brown rice!
For further information or to enroll, contact Amy Eriksen 970-708-4365 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a few opening for new clients on the Family Wellness Program. This program was started to serve families that make just over the WIC income guidelines but still need some help with affording quality food, and receiving essential education during pregnancy, breastfeeding, postpartum and early childhood. Please contact Amy Eriksen at 970-708-4365 for more information.
What is Public Health?
Get information about the Public Health Department and the services they provide to the community. Learn about WIC, retail food inspections, resources for Seniors, vaccine clinics, and more.
We provide collaborative services with our surrounding counties where it best serves our populations, such as restaurants inspection and water quality evaluation. Programs that are made available to our residents are:
- Emergency Preparedness and Response Planning
- Immunization Program
- Retail Food Inspection Program
- Tobacco Prevention Education Program
- Women, Infants and Children Nutritional Services
- Behavioral Health (Mental Health & Substance Abuse)
- Health and Environmental Data
- Local Food Resources (Cottage Foods, etc.)
- Ouray School Health Services
- Regional Transportation
- Resources for Colorado Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities
- Regional Farmer's Markets
- Communities That Care