Clerk & Recorder
The office of the Ouray County Clerk and Recorder is multifaceted department dedicated to providing efficient services while maintaining exceptional customer relations.
Effective April 12, 2021 County Facilities will reopen to the public. Please avoid entering facilities if you have a cough or fever. Non-medical face coverings worn over the nose and mouth are required in all County facilities. Patrons to all County facilities may be limited in number for the purpose of conducting County or Court business based on the business purpose and facility size. You may be asked to wait outside. County Staff appreciates the public's patience and understanding as they work through these new procedures. These times are undoubtedly challenging, but staff is excited to once again be able to see the public and serve our community members in person. Click here for more information regarding facility specific guidance and more information.
Please note- As of April 8, 2021 the Clerk's office will no longer be able to accept title paperwork through the mail or by dropbox, or able to take payments over the phone. These were temporary solutions due to COVID-19 closures.
The Ouray County Clerk and Recorder's Office provides a variety of services to the public, including:
- Elections Information / Voter Registration
- Recording of Documents / Online Records Search
- Online Renewal (Vehicle License Registration)
- Motor Vehicle Titles and Registration
- Marriage Licenses
- Vital Statistics (birth and death certificates)
- Liquor Licenses
Ouray County offers three "dropbox" locations for residents to drop-off vehicle registration renewals, and payments/correspondence for all other County Departments.
- Ouray County 4-H Event Center - 22739 Highway 550, Ridgway, CO
- Ouray City Hall 320 6th Avenue, Ouray, CO (near the flag pole)
- Near the Colona "welcome" sign, 35 Hotchkiss Ave (County Road 1), Colona, CO 81403