- You are here:
- Feature Links
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates and Resources
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates and Resources
If you have symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath or even mild, early symptoms that you suspect might be COVID-19), don’t wait for a test to self-isolate. Call your healthcare provider only if your illness becomes more severe, especially if you are experiencing shortness of breath. If you have a medical emergency, call 911 and tell the dispatcher your symptoms. People who are not at high risk of severe illness may not need to be evaluated in person or tested for COVID-19. Not everyone with symptoms will be tested right away.
Public Health Order 10 - upholding Executive Order 2020 138 Ordering Individuals in Colorado to wear Non-Medical Face Coverings, and requiring all persons to wear a Face Covering while waiting in line to enter any Public Indoor Space or when congregating outside of any Public Indoor Space - effective 6:00PM July 28, 2020.
Confirmed Cases- as of September 28, 2020 at 11:00AM - Ouray County Positivity Rate: 1.9%
- 3 Non-resident cases
- 20 confirmed cases
- 5 probable cases
- 1,417 total tests administered
- 94.14% Test by PCR
- 5.86% by Serology (Anti-body)
- 1,371 negative
- Total Pending: 0
- From Mountain Medical:
- 221 Performed
- 5 Positives
- 216 Negative
- 0 Pending
- From Ouray County Public Health (includes National Guard Testing)
- 717 Performed
- 687 Negative
- 3 Positive
- 0 Pending
- Ouray County School District:
- 316 Performed
- 1 Positive
- 251 Negative
July 1,2020 - Ouray County Facilities have reopened to the public. Face coverings and social distancing are required. Capacity in each County Facility is limited. Please click links below for more facility-specific regulations and capacity limits.
Governor Polis has issued a Protect-Our-Neighbors framework for the state. Click here for the latest information on the Outbreak of COVID-19.
- Ouray County Variance Request from the Safer-At-Home Executive Order for the operation of short-term, vacation-style rentals, such as those arranged through an online hosting platform such as, but not limited to VRBO or Airbnb - ALLOWED BY STATE ORDER.
- Ouray County Variance Request from portions of Safer-At-Home Executive Order D 20 044 and Public Health Order 20-28 regarding restaurants and recreation-APPROVED May 27, 2020
- Ouray County Variance Request from portions of Public Health Order 20-28 regarding local pools and hot springs- MODIFIED and APPROVED- August 4, 2020, check Ouray Hot Springs Pool website and Orvis Hot Springs website for information specific to each facility.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Unified Command Updates and Meeting Agendas
- State Public Health Orders
The incident is currently being managed as a Unified Command structure.
- Glenn Boyd, Ouray County Emergency Manager
- Tanner Kingery, Ouray County Public Health Director
- Preston Neill, Ridgway Town Manager
- Jeff Wood, City of Ouray Police Chief
Unified Command Briefing Summaries:
MAC Meeting Weekly Meeting Agenda (meets every other Wednesday)
Ouray County Resources:
- COVID-19 Employee Health Screening Form for Onsite Screening
- COVID-19 Business and Citizen Financial Resources and Economic Recovery Information
- Ouray County Response Fund
- Ouray County Resources (developed by Voyager, Weehawken and Sherbino staff)
- 04-24-2020 BOCC Special Presentation regarding COVID-19