Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
STAGE 1 FIRE RESTRICTIONS EFFECTIVE JULY 2, 2020:
THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES ARE BANNED UNDER STAGE 1 FIRE RESTRICTIONS:
· Building, maintaining, attending or using a campfire except in designated and signed campgrounds or developed recreation sites with provided fire grates.
· Open burning of any kind including burning of trash or debris, burning of ditches, open charcoal or wood fires.
· Use of all fireworks and use of explosives.
· Smoking, except in an enclosed vehicle, trailer, building or tent, a developed recreation site, or while stopped in a barren or cleared area at least 3 feet in diameter, and disposal of cigarette butts anywhere outdoors.
· Operating a chainsaw, without an approved spark arrester and without a chemical pressurized fire extinguisher and pointed shovel, kept within immediate reach of the operator.
· Welding or use of torch with open flame except in a barren or area cleared of all flammable materials at least 10 feet on all sides from the equipment.
THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES ARE PERMITTED UNDER STAGE 1 FIRE RESTRICTIONS:
· Cooking on manufactured charcoal, liquid fuel or propane gas grills or other manufactured liquid fuel cookstoves
· Campfires with flame length not exceeding two feet in height in pre-fabricated concrete or metal fire enclosures in established campgrounds (USFS, NPS, privately owned)
· Fires in chiminea type manufactured enclosures on private property
Campers and drivers are asked to limit travel to designated roads and trails as much as possible, to avoid igniting sparks on grass and brush.