Motor Vehicle Titles and Registration
The Ouray County Clerk and Recorder's office conducts titling and registration for motor vehicles. For all motor vehicle transactions (including RVs, mobile homes, and trailers) please remember to bring in a valid photo identification, proof of insurance, method of payment (cash, check or credit card), and other applicable paperwork. Please note that the State of Colorado applies a 2.7% administration fee on all transactions using a credit card or debit card.
Ouray County residents can obtain or renew Colorado Driver's Licenses at the Montrose DMV Office. The Ouray County Clerk's Office does not issue Driver's Licenses at this time. Click here for more information and resources regarding Driver / ID Services.
Due to the increase in COVID-19 cases in Ouray County and the region, the Clerk & Recorder's office will be closed to in-public access beginning Monday, November 23, 2020; however, County staff is still working. Click here to view the Motor Vehicle Transaction Guidelines. For more information, call (970) 325-4961.
Registration, Plates, Tabs and Disability Placards:
- Colorado Department of Revenue: Motor Vehicles offers online resources for:
- Online renewal of Vehicle Registration
- Estimate Registration Fees
- Request a duplicate title or registration card
- Add/change a vehicle address
- Replace Tabs
- Request license plates (standard green and white, specialty plates, or vanity license plates)
- Apply for a Disability Placard
- Tips for Completing a Colorado Title
- Motor Vehicle License Plates
DropboxesOuray County offers two "dropbox" locations for residents to drop-off vehicle registration renewals and correspondence/payments for all other County Departments.
- Ouray City Hall, near the flagpole - 320 6th Avenue, Ouray, CO
- Ouray County 4-H Event Center - 22739 Highway 550, Ridgway, CO
- Near the Colona "welcome" sign, 35 Hotchkiss Ave (County Road 1), Colona, CO 81403