The Ouray County Public Health Agency's mission is to promote and protect the health and environment of Ouray County residents.
The Public Health Agency administers programs that affect the county as a whole. We work to communicate, educate, and offer services that will provide a healthy, safe environment in which to live and work.
Ouray County Public Health Agency is supported by residential taxes, as well as state and federal funding through the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment. We also have programs that are grant funded. There are also several small private sector donations provided services for our clients in our County.
"What is Public Health?"
We provide collaborative services with our surrounding counties where it best serves our populations, such as restaurants inspection and water quality evaluation. Programs that are made available to our residents are:
- Communicable Disease Control
- Emergency Preparedness and Response Planning
- Immunization Program
- Tobacco Prevention Education Program
- Women, Infants and Children Nutritional Services
- Behavioral Health (Mental Health & Substance Abuse)
- Health and Environmental Data
- Local Food Resources (Cottage Foods, etc.)
- Ouray School Health Services
- Private Well Water Information
- Retail Food Establishment Inspections
- Regional Transportation
- Resources for Colorado Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities
- Regional Farmer's Markets